STUDY MBA IN THE UK
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a prestigious postgraduate qualification that provides an overview of key business practices and is highly valued by top employers. While MBAs are at the same level of education as other Masters courses, they are usually studied once you’ve gained a few years of professional experience rather than carrying straight on from your undergraduate degree.
The UK is host to some of the world’s best MBA Courses, and this is recognised in all major global league tables. Famous as a world leader in quality education activities, the United Kingdom stands second, after the United States, as the chosen study destination. The United Kingdom has many colleges in the top 100 (4 colleges in the top 10) globally renowned universities, which represent a strong reputation for the country’s education system across the globe.
Why Study MBA in the UK?
One of the foremost popular courses across the world, a degree in business from a UK university helps students gain knowledge about the planning, running and operations of a company. Students get exposure to different aspects of the business world which has areas like marketing, finance, human resource, and administration.
Advantages of Study MBA in the UK
- A globally recognized degree is obtainable
- Universities in the UK offer diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs in business.
- MBA in the UK stands atop the foremost popular business courses and is obtainable by a number of the UK’s best universities.
- together with theoretical studies, business courses at UK universities also target case studies and practical exposure as they assist students to understand the themes in an exceedingly better way.
- A degree in business from a UK university enhances the career options and earning potential of the scholars.
- In a number of institutions, students need to undergo an internship program as an element of the course curriculum.
Eligibility for getting enrolled in an MBA program.
- Most UK universities accept the three-year graduation system for entry into the MBA program. So, if you have got a three-year bachelor’s degree like Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) or Bachelor of Science (BSc), this is often acceptable because it is taken into account resembling a British Bachelor (Ordinary) Degree.
- All AMBA-accredited MBA programs require a minimum of three years of full-time work experience.
- GMAT is accepted and recommended by many universities. However, most UK universities are flexible about this criterion and this is often not a compulsory requirement for many UK business schools. The test lasts three and a half hours and also the total GMAT score ranges from 200 to 800, with a score of 600 needed to qualify for many MBA programs.
- You need to require either the TOEFL or IELTS for admission to an MBA program in the U.K. this is often required for nearly all universities. This mandatory for many schools whether or not you have got studied in English mediums throughout. the standard IELTS requirements to check an MBA are 7.0 overall, with no less than 6.5 in anybody component.
What if you don’t have experience?
There are around five to 6 UK universities that accept students who don’t have any experience for direct entry into the MBA program.
There are many colleges in the UK that provide University affiliated MBA programs. they’re less expensive than University MBA Programs. However, they need very small campuses and extremely limited resources and college. it should be a decent idea to research these institutes well before you apply to make sure that you just don’t find yourself applying to colleges that don’t seem to be recognized.
Suggestions for some Business Schools.
These are the UK business schools that performed best across the Financial Times (FT) Global MBA Rankings 2019. Here are some suggestions according to the list.
- London Business School
- University of Oxford: Saïd
- University of Cambridge: Judge
- Warwick Business School
- Imperial College Business School
- Durham University Business School
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- City University: Cass
- Cranfield School of Management
- University of Edinburgh Business School
Costing & Expenses for Study MBA in the UK
MBA in the UK has plenty of financial benefits:
- Most universities in the UK offer a One-year MBA
- Access to National Health Centre; which is free for students registered on courses of six months or longer
- Free school education for registered dependent children
Expenses (In Pound Sterling) (approx.)
For all the cost data above,
- Fees given are averages
- All costs are given in Pound Sterling
- Living costs include accommodation, Energy bills, food, etc.
The application procedure is just about the same because of the other courses in the UK. To work out the application procedure you can check our blog on Applications.
The Documents Required are:
- Academic Record – Transcripts & Marksheets
- Standardized Tests Score Reports
- Work Experience Details – Resume
- Letter of recommendation
- Application Essays / Statement of purpose if you have any doubts or require any further information, please use our Online consultation service.
Your Career Prospects with Study MBA in the UK
With the high cost of courses, it’s important to see a return on your investment. An MBA can often lead to a promotion, increased earnings or a career change. Nothing is guaranteed but, for example, graduates from business schools in the Financial Times (FT) Global MBA Ranking 2019 gained salary increases of between 67% and 118% after completing the course.
MBAs are known and respected globally, so if you’re interested in working abroad then the qualification will be beneficial – particularly as UK business schools are so well regarded. An MBA can also help you to specialise in your current sector or a new industry you want to move into.
Career Opportunities after Study MBA in the UK
A business may be a broad degree that encompasses a bunch of areas and there a spread of fields students can pursue upon completion of their diploma/degree. Students can enjoy a variety of career options. These include:-
- Business Consultancy
- Human Resource Management, etc.